Here at Sam Academy, it’s our mission to provide quality teaching that’s dynamic, engaging, and that takes place in a safe environment.
That’s why, in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re proposing a learning format that’s slightly different from usual. One that’s just as interactive and fun; that meets our high teaching standards; and that also prioritizes the safety of all our students and staff.
Children and teenagers
For children and teenagers, we’re suggesting a blended programme that combines face-to-face lessons with online ones. This will provide a safe learning environment, as well as ensuring that learning continues without interruption.
At Sam Academy, we’re very much aware of the emotional needs of children and teenagers. We know that interacting with their peers is an essential part of their development. And we want to make sure it’s something they can still enjoy when they study here. Through our blended courses, students will be learning in a way that’s fun and interactive. And they’ll be doing this in an environment where they feel happy and safe.
For adults and exam preparation we are offering online courses, taught by experienced teachers. The advantages of online classes are evident: students save time and they can interact and communicate without being afraid of being too close to each other. In this way they can practise all their skills in a balanced way and staying safe in their comfort of their homes.
Our promise: quality
All teachers at Sam Academy are highly qualified and have over 15 years’ teaching experience. This means that they have the skills to adapt their teaching, whatever the situation; whether it’s face-to-face, online, or a combination of these.
The format that we propose will involve:
- Small class sizes
- Digital coursebooks and portfolios (Interactive teaching methods that focus students’ communication skills
- Learning that continues outside the classroom, through homework and projects.
Our promise: safety
Whether we’re in the middle of a global pandemic or not, safety is always at the top of our list of priorities. In the current situation, whenever classes are taking place, we’ll be following these safety measures:
- Wearing masks will be obligatory for everybody on the premises
- Tables will be spaced 1.5 metres apart
- There will be a maximum of two classes per day (in each classroom / in the whole centre?)
- At any given time, there will only be one group of children inside the centre
- There will be breaks of 20 minutes between classes, for the classrooms to be disinfected
- Children will wash their hands and change footwear at the entrance to the centre
- Students, or anyone else entering the centre, will have their temperature